Food Microbiology Testing
USFFood microbiology is the study of micro-organisms that play major roles in food processing and preservation, general food quality, and may even occur naturally within certain food types. It is important to understand these microorganisms and their relation to the food industry in terms of food spoilage, food-borne illness, or intoxication.
In recent times, food safety has taken center stage. Governments across the world have intensified their approach towards food safety by enforcing stringent Food safety standards. As a manufacturer, retailer and caterer, the main challenge is to ensure that the product You sell meets regulations and is safe for the consumer.
What is food testing service?
Food testing service is designed to mitigate risk in the manufacturing process. The service assists you to deliver safe, quality product that meets national and international regulations microbiological, and water testing are some of the key tests performed under this service. These tests are performed at URS state-of-the-art laboratories that are equipped with the latest ultra modern Microbiology Lab.
Why is food testing service important for your business?
An accurate test report helps you to identity risks, enhance quality and improve productivity along the Entire value chain, saving you time and money. Besides a test report from the world’s leading independent assessment bodies helps you inspire greater confidence in your brand among your buyers, helping you gain faster access to the market.
How can we help you?
URS’ ranges of food testing services are delivered through a network of highly sophisticated laboratories with professionals having deep domain knowledge and experience. These experts help you to mitigate risks by determining the root cause of the problem and identify areas of improvement in your processes and supply chains.
Our Food Testing Services
Biological testing services:
- Microbiological analysis (pathogens and non pathogens)
- Microbial load determination of food contact surfaces
- Contaminants determination
- Shelf life studies
- Challenge studies
- Benchmarking studies
- Customized studies and testing protocols for industry specific applications
- Antibacterial and Antifungal efficacy studies
- Staphylococcus aureus
- Listeria sps/Listeria monocytogenes
- Clostridium perfringens
- Bacillus cereus
- Vibrio parahaemolyticus
- E.coli O 157:H7
Process Control, Quality & Spoilage Tests
- Aerobic plate count
- Coliforms & E.Coli
- Yeast and mold
- Mesophilic aerobic & anaerobic spore formers
Types of Food Products tested:
- Agri commodities
- Beverages (alcoholic and non-alcoholic)
- Canned vegetables and dried vegetables
- Cosmetics and personal care products
- Dairy products
- Fish and seafood products
- Frozen foods
- Home care products
- Meat and poultry products
- Oils and fats
- Spices and nuts
- Nutraceuticals / health supplements
- Processed food products
- Proprietary food products
- Raw, cooked foods and ready to eat foods
- Sugars, bakery and confectionery
- Water (raw and processed)
Our food laboratories are equipped with:
- Class 100 clean air rooms
- Ultra modern microbiological lab
Standards we test against:
- USFDA-BAM (Bacteriological Analytical Manual)